So, I gotta give the Illini some love on this blog. Obviously I've been watching them real closely all season, loved it, and the very end was disappointing. But hey, it was still an amazing season, and Illinois deserves to be proud. Screw UNC and Sean May, they won it fair and square, but the Fighting Illini put up a great fight. What a season...
Oh, Illinois hurt my bracket quite a bit, but it still wasn't too bad overall. I picked a couple of impressive, early upsets (UAB over LSU was my best), and I got the championship game matchup right. If I would've gotten the correct two 7-10 curse upsets, my bracket would've been right there... Oh well.
As for opening day, it was great to see the White Sox achieve exactly what they wished for, an opening day win with a score of 1-0. You can't get any more small ball than that. Buehrle was phenomenal (8 ip, 2H, 1BB, 4K, 0R) and Shingo got the first save of the year in all of baseball. Hopefully the hitting will come around, can't wait for Thomas to get healthy and come back, but who are they going to end up benching, Everett? At least the Cubs lost Tuesday, hopefully we'll see a lot more of those. Oh yeah, and what'd I tell ya about Smoltz? He gave up 7 earned runs in 1 and 1/3 innings. I know it's just one game, but I don't think he's going to be the starter he was, and that'll be a key factor in the Braves losing the division crown for the first time in a billion years.
On a completely unsports related note, Relay For Life is almost here! This is a crazy week, but you gotta love Relay, it's going to be one weird, crazy night....
Wednesday, April 06, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment