I really wanted to see this movie, but I had my doubts. After watching it this afternoon, I definitely agree with Ebert's "3 Stars" and recommend this to all fans of fantasy. I've never been a big fan of C.S. Lewis, nor do I enjoy the Lord of The Rings Series, at all. But this story got it right, it's like Lord of the Rings, with everything done right (sorry Tolkien, you lose). It's funny, has the adventure and excitement, and leaves just enough realism to not go over the edge. It was not a special effects show, computers were only used when needed, and I appreciate that in a film. I am now anxiously looking forward to the next movie, and I hope this one does well at the Box Office. I think I need to go over all the books in the series, but unlike Harry Potter, I think I'll take a movie-first approach with these. We'll see how that turns out.
Sunday, December 11, 2005
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe
I really wanted to see this movie, but I had my doubts. After watching it this afternoon, I definitely agree with Ebert's "3 Stars" and recommend this to all fans of fantasy. I've never been a big fan of C.S. Lewis, nor do I enjoy the Lord of The Rings Series, at all. But this story got it right, it's like Lord of the Rings, with everything done right (sorry Tolkien, you lose). It's funny, has the adventure and excitement, and leaves just enough realism to not go over the edge. It was not a special effects show, computers were only used when needed, and I appreciate that in a film. I am now anxiously looking forward to the next movie, and I hope this one does well at the Box Office. I think I need to go over all the books in the series, but unlike Harry Potter, I think I'll take a movie-first approach with these. We'll see how that turns out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment