
There's me outside the building where they were having the thing. I never realized how big Motorola's facility is there, they have a lot of buildings. This picture was taken as we were leaving, but I thought it was a good first picture to post.
So we walk in, and I hear the organ playing, and I say, "That's Nancy Faust!" to which Alisa replied, "How do you know her? Doesn't she work for Motorola?" Silly cuz... For those of you who don't pay attention to details, Nancy Faust is the premier organ player in Major League Baseball. She has been playing for the White Sox since around the time I was born, and has created such traditons such as playing "Sha na na na, Hey Hey, Goodbye..." when there's a pitching change.
That's me and Nancy, isn't that cool!? She seemed incredibly nice and good natured. She was very willing and happy to talk with people, pose for pictures, and show off that world series ring she had on her right hand. Of course her music was good too, all the Comiskey classics.

We went upstairs to view the whole scene from above. There's Nancy Faust playing away, while people wait in line Great America-style to get their picture taken with the World Series Trophy.

There's the end of the line, with some kid going to pose with the trophy. They only had one lame security guard guy telling you not to touch the trophy. Yeah, right...

That's your's truly with the trophy. It's hard to tell from that angle, but if you enlarge it and look closely, you may be able to see my thumb swiping a feel of the back of the base. Ha!
While we were there, Ed Farmer arrived, former Sox pitcher and the voice of the White Sox radio network for the last 16 years! I went downstairs lookinng for him, but I had no idea what he looked like. I heard him talking to someone and I immediately recognized his voice. He eventually went to the front of the room and talked about last year's success, the matchup tonight with Buehrle vs. Santana on the mound, etc. He seemed like a very direct, nice guy. The best part of the whole thing, he brought his World Series ring and let everyone touch it and try it on!
That's my cuz's hand showing off the ring, she's so small she probably could've worn it as a bracelet. I think the camera was too close to the ring, it's kind of blurry when you enlarge it (sorry Alisa). I put it on after her, and it was real big on me too, and heavy! What are these things supposedly worth, $30,000?Alisa and I went back up to have our picture taken. She's on one side of the trophy holding the fancy box with Farmio's name engraved on it. I'm on the other side, showing off the ring on my hand (and I touched it one more time, for good luck, as I walked away). Motorola took the picture, and supposedly it's going to go up on their server soon, so I'll post it as soon as Alisa sends it to me.
So it was a really awesome hour, I got to meet Nancy Faust and Ed Farmer and get his autograph and I caught a fake, rubber baseball that they threw out to the crowd... It was really a blast! What a way to spend a day off, thanks Alisa!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment