Saturday, October 29, 2005
Big poker tourny
Well, tonight I played in the biggest poker tournament I have ever entered. It was an official, legal poker tourny in Central Illinois (can you believe that?). There was 100-some people there, all various skill levels, ages, and kinds. I ran into a couple people I knew, played for 6ish hours with 3 breaks. Yes, that means I made it to the final table of ten players! Unfortunately, after only one person went out at that final table, I went all-in with J-J. Some nut job, big stack called with 6-6 and caught a 6 on the flop to hit trips and knock me out. That was frustrating as hell, but I have to look at the big picture. A lot of people were there, and a lot of them were long-time, experienced poker players at no-limit texas hold'em. It was my first pseudo-major tournament (we're talking relative to Illinois here) and I had a good showing, getting to the final table and finishing in the money. As ninth place I was awarded $200, but it was $100 entry fee (no, I've never played for that much money before, or even close to it really), so I only netted $100. First place won $2,500, so it kind of sucked I didn't get a bit farther and end up with way more money. But hey, I had fun, made a bit of cash, and gained some great poker playing experience. It was a good night, I hope to play in more of these "larger than home games" tournaments more often and improve my game. I don't care what people say, poker is so little luck, and almost all skill. If anybody knows of any games coming up, let me know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment