Friday, June 15, 2007

Emotional Roller Coaster

I have never had such radical changes in my life. A few weeks ago, I was in the Holy Land of Israel. This was probably the best time and one of the most incredible experiences of my life. I saw such amazing things, had out of this world adventures, and made some truly close friends. I hoped Birthright would be a fun and interesting trip, and instead, Israel was like a fantasyland beyond my wildest dreams. I do not know how I could possibly explain how sebaba it was and what taglit now means to me.

When I arrived back home though, I fell into one of the worst and most terrible situations I could ever imagine. While I was gone, my grandparents were involved in a terrible car accident. My Grandpa is steadily improving and we are hopeful that he'll have a full recovery. But my Grandma's injuries were just too severe, and with very heavy hearts, my family has decided to respect her wishes and let nature take its course.

So lately, it has been a whirlwind of change and emotions for me. There's no way a blog entry can do either end of this journey any justice. My friends who have been there for me, I cannot fully express my gratitude and appreciation for all you have done. If anyone wants to know details on the Shiva and services, just let me know. If you would like to distract me from this and ask me about Israel, that would be wonderful and welcome. Thank you all my friends for your support, my chaverim are my chai.

No comments: