Saturday, August 18, 2007

Pay it Forward

I experienced something very unique tonight after dinner. As soon as the waitress brought my friend and I our check, she came back to tell us that we did not have to pay. The waitress said that a good Samaritan paid our bill for us and she would not elaborate further. I made a quick scan of the room but I did not see anybody looking in our direction or giving any indication of being the anonymous donor. My Grandpa was the only person who knew where we were going, and he swears he did not secretly call and pay for our meal. While my friend is a very attractive female, neither of us think an interested guy would pick up the bill for her and another male. Therefore, we apparently benefited from a truly good deed from a very thoughtful person. It will drive me crazy thinking about who did this for us and why, but the only thing I can do is try and repeat this for another stranger in the near future.

No comments: