Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I Have a British Fiance!!!

In case you have not heard online yet, we are now engaged! I asked her late Friday night after midnight, so technically it was early Saturday morning (so it was V-Day, not Friday the 13th). Of course the proposal ended up being a little different from what I actually planned with a couple of comical deviations. The whole story is fairly long but I can retell it if asked and I am sure she will be happy to correct it and say her version of how it all happened. It is a pretty classic, crazy story that seems very fitting for us considering our usual level of ridiculousnesss. I think it will be a great memory to look back upon and laugh about for many decades to come. In the end, I got down on one knee, asked her to marry me, and she said YES!

Already people want to know all about the wedding. We really have not planned anything and we probably will not decide on any specifics for awhile. I am still too relieved, excited and in shock that she is now wearing an engagement ring from me! The best guesses at this point is that it will be fairly small, between a year and two years, and in the Chicagoland area. Eventually we will have some kind of website to keep everyone updated on the progress of our wedding planning. Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who wished us congratulations and well wishes via phone, text, instant message, e-mail and Facebook. I want to give a special note of gratitude to my English parents for giving me permission to ask her ahead of time and listening to her scream on the phone afterward, my Jewish parents for the sparkling juice toast and welcome sign, Mr. I and beer company girl who listened to me ponder exactly when and how I would do it, Kuch for being our savior and reason it was able to happen that night, and of course the Rising Stars for helping us get together (besides the internet) and supporting us as our second family. Most of all, thank you to my Intended for agreeing to put up with me for the rest of our lives!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! Congratulations!