After having a conversation with someone, this is my ranking of the top ten ChiSox prospects who played during my lifetime. I am basing this on how well they did in their career, not how highly touted they were or their early success alone.
10. Ozzie Guillen
9. Ray Durham
8. Aaron Rowand (small chance he can still move up or down)
7. Jack McDowell
6. Magglio Ordonez (maybe he can move one or two higher still)
5. Robin Ventura
4. Carlos Lee (could still move up or down a spot)
3. Harold Baines
2. Mark Buehrle (If he fades further, might fall behind Baines)
1. Frank Thomas
Only players drafted by the Sox were eligible, but it seems like they all contributed significantly to the team before they moved on. I hope Gordon Beckham cracks this list very soon.
EDIT: I originally left off Ray Durham. He knocked Joe Crede off the list, thankfully.
FINAL EDIT: Left off someone else again. Jack McDowell knocked off Alex Fernandez. Ok, I'm really done now.
Friday, March 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment