Sunday, March 11, 2007

Newsletter

A lot to say, but I'm going to try and make this as short and brief as possible. If you're reading this from Facebook and can't see pictures, go to my real blog if you care to see the pictures and video.


I was in Mexico for a few days, and it was awesome. I was there for work, and I made a few good contacts and leads for future business relationships. The food was fresh, most of the people were nice, and it was definitely a different experience for me. There's a lot more to say, but ask me about it if you're really that interested. Next trip: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.


I've been reading like crazy lately, here's the last three books I've read.



Amazing, wonderful, well-written fantasy novel. It was nothing like the fantastic musical at all, except for most of the characters and a few of the locations. I think there were some deeper levels that I missed, probably due to reading a good chunk of this while sleep-deprived at a St. Louis casino. I'll have to re-read this eventually, as well as some of L. Frank Baum's original Oz books. Highly recommended for any fan of fiction.





A great find for only seventy-five cents at a thrift store. Killer story that had elements of mystery, suspense, comedy, and of course card playing. I discovered this is part of a relatively new series of books in the detective genre, and I hope to quickly catch up. I'll have to read these out of order, but I don't mind; this one was an easy read that was very hard to put down. Thank of it as a combination of Law & Order, CSI, and the WSOP. If you enjoy at least two of the above shows, then this one's for you.





Amusing, fun, pseudo-biography but not really, of the great Kevin Smith. Some parts were interesting, some very funny, some downright nasty and not necessary. Also, a couple of the stories were pretty dated and far off, which is peculiar for a book published less than two years ago. Basically, if you're a View Askew fan, and enjoy that kind of humor, then you'll enjoy this book. If you think Jay and Silent Bob are tools and their movies are stupid, take a pass on this one.



A post from another blog which I'm pretty sure is a story about me.

http://lukejen.blogspot.com/2007/03/i-owe-it-all-to-ross.html


I'm still really liking the Just Baseball blog and checking it daily. All other fantasy owners and baseball fans should read it too.


Finally, a video that I think only one other person will appreciate and find as funny as I do.



There's more I want to write, but this is already too long. It also sucks that we all lose an hour right about now. Goodnight all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe that only one other person could appreciate such an Emmy worthy piece of artistry such as this.