
My whole life I have used a bar of soap. No washcloths, no extra smelly stuff, just a solid chunk of Ivory or Lever 2000. Am I the only one who still does this? I hear that the bar is too old-school, and now everyone uses a bottle of goop. What is the advantage of using goop over my old-fashioned bar? Will it make me cleaner, will it save me money, is it somehow easier? I guess I missed this social revolution of bodily cleansing. I know this is not the most dramatic or important blog post ever written on the internet, or sadly it might be for my site... But I would really appreciate it if someone could spell out the situation for me and explain why I stink for using bar soap. Maybe I'll be a follower and consider converting.
4 comments:
It would help if you didn't call it goop. Lquid body wash works.
I think it is all about the lather. When you use body wash “goop” you apply it to your luffa or washcloth once and you can wash your whole body thoroughly. With bar soap you have to keep lathering up the bar over and over again for it to work and if you think just running the bar over your body without lather gets you clean, YOU ARE WRONG. Also, most bar soaps dry out your skin and even men get dry skin. Ross get over it and try the "goop."
Ross, I switched from bar to goop 4 years ago and was happy for awhile. But I switched BACK to bar soap about 3 months ago and I've never been happier! Stick with the bar!
I agree with The Pregnant One. Also, I think you don't have to clean the tub or shower as often if you use "shower gel" aka goop.
Post a Comment