Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Updates and Picks

I had a great time out east last week; it was an awesome mini-vacation. I did a lot of touristy stuff, visited a few movie locations, had a cool host and friends to see, and it was just what I needed to get away and refresh. I posted some pictures on my photo site, but I have not had time to organize or caption them yet. I'll probably get to that by the end of the week and start adding some new pics as well.

The show I'm in is coming up soon and rehearsals have been fun and mostly good times. For those who have asked about it, you can go to this website to find out information about show dates and tickets: http://risingstarstc.org/

Finally, it is time for my 2008 MLB predictions. Last year was my worst one yet, so I have to redeem myself here. For this season I'm ranking the teams, giving my projected record for them, and only two words of comments.

AL East

Red Sox (100-62) Dynasty Building
Yankees (92-70) Crappy Defense
Blue Jays (91-71) Tough Division
[Devil] Rays (80-82) Hitters Strikeout
Orioles (73-89) Huge Holes

AL Central

Tigers (98-64) Best Lineup
Indians (95-67) Good Pitching
White Sox (82-80) Terrible Pitching
Twins (79-83) Speedy Runners
Royals (75-87) No Depth

AL West

Angels (93-69) Well Balanced
Mariners (81-81) No Consistency
As (78-84) Rebuilding Trades
Rangers (72-90) Clubhouse Issues

NL West

Rockies (90-72) No Fluke
Diamondbacks (86-76) Too Young
Dodgers (85-77) Too Injured
Padres (73-91) Cannot Hit
Giants (68-96) League Joke

NL Central

Brewers (89-73) Power Hitters
Cubs (88-74) September Chokers
Reds (82-80) Bad Bullpen
Cardinals (76-86) Only Pujols
Astros (72-90) Needs Starters
Pirates (70-92) Trades Needed

NL East

Mets (93-69) Best Pitching
Phillies (89-73) Next Year
Braves (86-76) Tough losses
Marlins (79-83) AAA Pitchers
Nationals (75-87) Still Expos-like

1 comment:

Scott said...

Last year we tied. This year I will win!

AL EAST
-------
1. Boston
2. Toronto
3. N.Y. Yankees
4. Tampa Bay
5. Baltimore

AL CENTRAL
----------
1. Cleveland
2. Detroit
3. Minnesota
4. Chicago
5. Kansas City

AL WEST
-------
1. LA Angels
2. Texas
3. Seattle
4. Oakland

NL EAST
-------
1. N.Y. Mets
2. Atlanta
3. Philadelphia
4. Florida
5. Washington

NL CENTRAL
----------
1. Chicago
2. Milwaukee
3. St. Louis
4. Cincinnati
5. Pittsburgh
6. Houston

NL WEST
-------
1. Los Angeles
2. San Diego
3. Colorado
4. Arizona
5. San Francisco

PLAYOFFS
--------
LA over Detroit
Cleveland over Boston

Cleveland over LA

Atlanta over Chicago
LA over New York

Cleveland over LA in World Series